First of all- the race is not cancelled, however, it will not be held in the traditional format of years past. Due to rapidly increasing rates of COVID-19 cases here in Washington, all riders will participate in an individual time trial of their chosen course at a date and time of their choosing. That means the actual race day event on December 5th event is cancelled. If you show up at 5:30 on the 5th ready to race, that’s fine, but I won’t be there. Below I’ll layout the guidelines for how to participate in an individual time trial and submit your results. Please read through all of the below bullet points, then feel free to email me if you have questions.
- Participants will choose any day between December 1st and January 1st to race the course which they registered for. If you want to change the course you’re registered for, please cancel your registration and re-register for the new course. I will leave registration open past the original November 30th cutoff.
- Please email me to let me know the date and time at which you plan to start your individual time trial. I would like to know who is on the course on which days so that too many people don’t do it at once.
- Per state health mandates- no more than 5 people can ride in a group at once. If you plan to make your ITT attempt with other people, please the group at 5 or below.
- Please record your ride with Strava or RideWithGPS, that is how your time will be verified so you can recieve ‘credit’.
- You only get one attempt.
- When you’re done with the ride, email me a link to your Strava or RidewithGPS post. If your account is private, please add me so that I can view it (you can delete me later if you want, I won’t be offended).
- Winners for each category will be chose by TOTAL ELAPSED TIME and NOT moving time. That means if you did the 100 mile ride in 12 hours but your moving time was only 10 hours, I’ll record 12 hours as your result.
- Results will be compiled after January 1st, and winners will be announced on January 15th.
- All other race rules apply. Please evergreengravelracing.wordpress.com/race-rules/ for info.
Thanks for your understanding, I look forward to this event all year and I’m bummed to cancel the event date, but I hope many of you still participate in this new format!